Priorities:Universidad de Ingenieria Student Priorities
- 1 UTEC Student Priorities
- 2 Cohort 2022
- 2.1 Strategy #1: Create an inverted project fair for students to present their ideas in order to get allies among UTEC students and professors.
- 2.2 Strategy #2: Generate a space for professors to share their experience both personal and academic in order to inspire students
- 2.3 Strategy #3: Create a platform where all professors; engineering, HACS, business, full and part time, upload their interest so students can find allies for future projects
- 2.4 Strategy #4: Redesign a classroom at UTEC for HACS classes only so students and professors can experience this classes in a better way
- 3 Cohort 2021
- 3.1 Strategy #1: Creating new ways to encourage students to be active participants in their school
- 3.2 Strategy #2: Give students the opportunity to be part of UTEC's Research Centres in order to make real their invents
- 3.3 Strategy #3: A space that allows bioengineering and chemistry engineering students to develop an entrepreneurship with a scientific research project
- 4 Cohort 2020
- 4.1 Strategy #1: Making mobile, inspiring and comfortable spaces to innovate
- 4.2 Strategy #2: Give students the key tools to learn how to make an entrepreneurship from scratch by learning
- 4.3 Strategy #3:Teach students how to transform their laboratory inventions into successful innovations available in the market.
- 5 Cohort 2018
- 6 Fellows involved
UTEC Student Priorities
The purpose of this Wiki is to show the key strategies that fellows at UTEC are taking into consideration to get their job done successfully.
Strategy #1: Create an inverted project fair for students to present their ideas in order to get allies among UTEC students and professors.
- Star a call for students who are looking for advisors and have projects in mind.
- Arrange space according to the number of students registered.
- Invite professors and students to go to the project fair.
- Get materials for stands, posters and registration sheets.
- Contact student organizations for filtering proposals.
- Get material for pitch session on certain projects.
- Get materials, space and people for the poster and pitch workshop.
- Motivate teachers from careers to participate.
- Reserve space on the auditorium.
- Ask for help to design a mural on the auditorium.
- Contact students that can help as supporters.
- Give topics to teachers that can be interesting for students.
- Train teachers in giving impactful presentations.
- Arrange a Networking space area after the event with all attendees (coffee break)
Strategy #3: Create a platform where all professors; engineering, HACS, business, full and part time, upload their interest so students can find allies for future projects
- Establish alliances for promoting the website (student organizations and "Comunicaciones UTEC")
- Make short videos explaining how the site works
- Present the project to each one of the career directors
- Add the website link to the official UTEC website
- Contact students that can help as technical support
- Invite professors and students to use and promote the website.
Strategy #4: Redesign a classroom at UTEC for HACS classes only so students and professors can experience this classes in a better way
- Determine the needs of professors and student for the HACS classes.
- Set Up a Budget for the implementation of the different needs.
- Find a space available at UTEC so we can reuse it and redesign it for this purpose.
- Get training for students and professors about the new space.
Strategy #1: Creating new ways to encourage students to be active participants in their school
Project Name: Student Life at UTEC
Project Leader: Mia Townsend
- Create an Instagram account which consistently posts updates about every school event aimed at students.
- Record and evaluate the number of students that interact with the posts (likes, comments, shares, saves)
- Organize different students and organizations to share the account and help us keep up with information.
- Have a team of students to administrate the account and make changes as we gain new insights.
- Make the account more interactive by using the instagram features to let students actively participate.
Strategy #2: Give students the opportunity to be part of UTEC's Research Centres in order to make real their invents
Project Name: Ad Astra Program
Project Leader: Macarena Oyague, Grecia Delgado
- Develop bases for the program
- Search for experimented students to become mentors of the program
- Get an alliance with the area of UTEC in charge of pursuing key partnerships with companies in order to help students to get sponsorship for their projects
- Get an alliance with the legal area in order to give advice in the program about patents
- Have conversations with UTEC Research Area to give the UIF team the opportunity to lunch a pilot with a Research Centre
- Get an alliance with UTEC Ventures in order to help in tech transfer when the project is finished
Strategy #3: A space that allows bioengineering and chemistry engineering students to develop an entrepreneurship with a scientific research project
Project Name: R2B: Research to business
Project Leader: Nadia Chamana
- Show a prototype of how the use process including times and people involved
- Make a prototype of more fidelity to show measurements, list of equipment and security measures
- Especify the name of the mentors and the other people in charge
- Introduce an option for hybridize it: virtual and in person
- Contact with different stakeholders involved
- Contact with more people with similar initiatives
Strategy #1: Making mobile, inspiring and comfortable spaces to innovate
Project Name: Design Lab: Mobile and Physical
Project Leaders: Marcela Yeckle
- Create a 3D Desing where people can see in a better way the dimensions and the objects in the room.
- Map the number of students that would be interested in entering the room.
- Considering this room as a place to booked in UTEC webiste.
- Make a DesignLab Mobile version, to make every space a place to ideate ideas.
Design of the physical space: Video
- October 2021: The Design Lab changed their physical and mobile model into a virtual model (web page). Also Design Lab changed its name to La Innovadora.
- December 2021 - March 2022: Development of the web page and organization of focus groups with UTEC students to show them our prototype.
- March 2022 - Now: Organization of events and activities that promotes the meaning of La Innovadora while the UIF UTEC Team (Marcela Yeckle, Mirella Rivas & Thalia Leyton) finishes the design of the web page.
Strategy #2: Give students the key tools to learn how to make an entrepreneurship from scratch by learning
Project Name: Saphi (this mean "Origin" or "Root" in Quechua)
Project Leader: Mirella Rivas
- Contact well known innovation teachers, UV mentors as well as past Fellows to volunteer and help guide the program.
- Design the criteria to select candidates and amount of candidates for the first program.
- Create the syllabus of what will be taught in the sessions.
- Map students who would like to learn by making media campaign to motivate students to try.
- Book a classroom in summer break for the program to be held for 7 weeks.
Prototype Website Application Portal: Website
- June 2021: Our first workshop was on March 27th, and it was aimed to teach fellow students to identify real needs within the COVID pandemic, understanding users and learning to hear them, so that later on they could propose solutions. The complete program will be launched in August 2021. First Workshop: Flyer
- August 2021: Our winter break program was successfull. We had an average of 35 students attending the 4 sessions program, and recieved great feedback for our next program to be launched on our summerbreak at the beginning of 2022.
- March 2022: We designed a Summit called "UIWeek" in which UTEC students could learn about how to innovate and undertake in STEM careers.
Strategy #3:Teach students how to transform their laboratory inventions into successful innovations available in the market.
Project Name: Technology transfer and commercialization (Elective course)
Project Leader: Thalía Leyton
- Prepare the course program
- Train potential UTEC professors or hire a new professor.
- Present the course to SUNEDU (National Superintendency of Higher University Education in Peru).
- Determine course capacity based on pre-enrollment and available resources.
- Launch the course for students to enroll.
June 2021 Update: During 2021 we have collaborated with the Academic Projects area and we are about to start an intensive one-month workshop that will serve as our pilot program. This workshop will be given in June to UTEC students qualified to take their "Real Life Experience" (RLE) course. We hope that with this workshop, they can take better advantage of the projects they do during their RLE.
Strategy #1: Opportunities for developing startups (tech transfer)
Project Name: D. Ventures
Project Leader: Luana Andrade
- Enhancing students to be aware of entrepreneurship and innovation (I&E).
- Look for motivated students focused on developing new products or startups.
- Teaching design methodologies in other courses .
- UTEC Ventures or FABLAB UTEC as innovation spaces for students .
Strategy #2: Giving students a prototyping space
Project Name: UTEC Lean Lab
Project Leader: Elmer Escandón
- Provide challenges to students in order to use the area .
- Restrict the use only for innovation purposes .
- Free area for students and professors.
- Foster students’ abilities to design solutions and creative confidence by providing mentors only for this area.
Strategy #3: Facilitating project groups
Project Name: UTEC Mix n’ Match
Project Leader: Francisco Mejía
- Online platform inside the UTEC intranet that generates interest groups based on students’ academic preferences.
- Groups generated by this platform should be capable of presenting their own projects.
- Interests used by this platform are not strictly academic, the requisite is that an interest must be project-worthy.
Strategy #4: Entrepreneurship consulting
Project Name: Innovation Consulting
Project Leaders: Kiko Mayorga and Joana Munarriz
- Map the outstanding students in the research field (Ricardo Gonzáles, Danae Chipoco) and innovation methodologies (Diego Muñoz, Hans Figueroa, Sandra Abad).
- Volunteer alumni and senior professors able to mentor and advise students in their projects
- Register projects from innovation courses, I&E groups, VLI (Interdisciplinary Projects) and research laboratories in UTEC.
Change Story Video:
University Innovation Fellows