Priorities:Universidad de Ingenieria Student Priorities
- 1 UTEC Student Priorities
- 1.1 UTEC Student Priorities Videos
- 1.2 Strategy #1: Making mobile, inspiring and comfortable spaces to innovate
- 1.3 Strategy #2: Give students the key tools to learn how to make an entrepreneurship from scratch by learning
- 1.4 Strategy #3:Teach students how to transform their laboratory inventions into successful innovations available in the market.
- 1.5 Strategy #4: Opportunities for developing startups (tech transfer)
- 1.6 Strategy #5: Giving students a prototyping space
- 1.7 Strategy #6: Facilitating project groups
- 1.8 Strategy #7: Entrepreneurship consulting
- 2 - RELATED LINKS -
UTEC Student Priorities
UTEC Student Priorities Videos
Strategy #1: Making mobile, inspiring and comfortable spaces to innovate
Project Name: Design Lab: Mobile and Physical
Project Leaders: Marcela Yeckle and Valeria Aguayo
- Create a 3D Desing where people can see in a better way the dimensions and the objects in the room.
- Map the number of students that would be interested in entering the room.
- Considering this room as a place to booked in UTEC webiste.
- Make a DesignLab Mobile version, to make every space a place to ideate ideas.
Design of the physical space: Video
Strategy #2: Give students the key tools to learn how to make an entrepreneurship from scratch by learning
Project Name: Saphi (this mean "Origin" or "Root" in Quechua)
Project Leader: Mirella Rivas
- Contact well known innovation teachers, UV mentors as well as past Fellows to volunteer and help guide the program.
- Design the criteria to select candidates and amount of candidates for the first program.
- Create the syllabus of what will be taught in the sessions.
- Map students who would like to learn by making media campaign to motivate students to try.
- Book a classroom in summer break for the program to be held for 7 weeks.
Prototype Website Application Portal: Website
Strategy #3:Teach students how to transform their laboratory inventions into successful innovations available in the market.
Project Name: Technology transfer and commercialization (Elective course)
Project Leader: Thalía Leyton
- Prepare the course program
- Train potential UTEC professors or hire a new professor.
- Present the course to SUNEDU (National Superintendency of Higher University Education in Peru).
- Determine course capacity based on pre-enrollment and available resources.
- Launch the course for students to enroll.
Syllabus of the course: Link
Strategy #4: Opportunities for developing startups (tech transfer)
Project Name: D. Ventures
Project Leader: Luana Andrade
- Enhancing students to be aware of entrepreneurship and innovation (I&E).
- Look for motivated students focused on developing new products or startups.
- Teaching design methodologies in other courses .
- UTEC Ventures or FABLAB UTEC as innovation spaces for students .
Strategy #5: Giving students a prototyping space
Project Name: UTEC Lean Lab
Project Leader: Elmer Escandón
- Provide challenges to students in order to use the area .
- Restrict the use only for innovation purposes .
- Free area for students and professors.
- Foster students’ abilities to design solutions and creative confidence by providing mentors only for this area.
Strategy #6: Facilitating project groups
Project Name: UTEC Mix n’ Match
Project Leader: Francisco Mejía
- Online platform inside the UTEC intranet that generates interest groups based on students’ academic preferences.
- Groups generated by this platform should be capable of presenting their own projects.
- Interests used by this platform are not strictly academic, the requisite is that an interest must be project-worthy.
Strategy #7: Entrepreneurship consulting
Project Name: Innovation Consulting
Project Leaders: Kiko Mayorga and Joana Munarriz
- Map the outstanding students in the research field (Ricardo Gonzáles, Danae Chipoco) and innovation methodologies (Diego Muñoz, Hans Figueroa, Sandra Abad).
- Volunteer alumni and senior professors able to mentor and advise students in their projects
- Register projects from innovation courses, I&E groups, VLI (Interdisciplinary Projects) and research laboratories in UTEC.
- RELATED LINKS -
Change Story Video:
University Innovation Fellows