Welcome to the UniversityInnovation.org Wiki
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 28, 2019 – 360 students from 90 higher education institutions in 13 countries have been named University Innovation Fellows. The University Innovation Fellows program empowers students to become agents of change at their schools. Fellows work to ensure that their peers gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to compete in the economy of the future and make a positive impact on the world.
To accomplish this, Fellows advocate for lasting institutional change and create opportunities for students to engage with innovation, entrepreneurship, design thinking and creativity at their schools. Fellows design innovation spaces, start entrepreneurship organizations, host experiential learning events, and work with faculty to develop new courses.The program is run by Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school). With the addition of the new Fellows, the program has trained close to 2,200 students since its creation. Read the entire press release here.
As part of their training, Fellows analyze their campus-area innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystems, learn from other campuses and put together action plans to address the gaps they perceive.
More than 50 profiles of resourcesAcumen Fund | Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition | Ashoka | 3 Day Startup | Betaversity | Big Beacon | Blackstone LaunchPad | Business Model Competition | Cleantech Open | CODE2040 | Cornell:BOOM | Creativity Foundation | DECA | Draper University | Echoing Green | Engineers Changing the Conversation | EPICS - Purdue | EPA’s P3 | Extreme Entrepreneur Bus Tour | Founders Workbench | Getting Competitors for Startup Weekend | Global Entrepreneurship Week | Global sustainability venture competition | Google | Ignite Talks | JOLTS | Lean Startup Machine | Maker Day | Massive Open Online Courses | Mayfield Fellows Program | Motorola Spark Truck | NASA AMES | Pipeline Fellowship | Postcode Lottery Green Challenge | Rainer Arnhold Fellows Program | Rice Business Plan Comeptition | Singularity Institute | Starting Bloc | SOCAP | The Awesome Foundation | The Lean Startup Movement | TheUnreasonableInstitute | Venture for America | Wallace H. Coulter Foundation ... Click here to see all Resources profiled in the wiki.
Create an account on the left and begin contributing to this growing and valuable resource by sharing what's going on at your campus! (10,382 pages)
- Universities — Grassroots view of Innovation and Entrepreneurship scene!
- 'How To' Strategies — Student-led strategies to enhance Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem on campus.
- Resources — Organizations supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Student Contributors -- Student leaders working at the grassroots to create a vibrant Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Student Priorities -- Student leaders recommended strategy and plan for their campuses.
- How to inspire innovation using a TEDx event
- How to start a bioengineering club
- How to bring together Artists with Engineers and their STEM peers
- How to build and outfit an on-campus innovation space
- How to advocate for expanded access to engineering labs as on-campus 'maker space'
- How to advocate for change to the student intellectual property policy
- How to run an eight week Ultimate Trader Challenge (~Red Paper Clip Challenge)
Have an idea for a "How to" guide? Use the existing guides as a template and create your own. For access to all wiki editing tools, simply create a user account following the links on the left.