Priorities:Hamburg University of Technology Faculty Project
Project Name: Making Entrepreneurial Mindfulness a Thing
Project by Faculty Innovation Fellows Candidate Malte Krohn
Why is this project important to you, your department, & your Fellows?
I believe that the world needs healthy, engaged and skilled changemakers. Our institute delivers a wide range of innovation courses, which it always strives to keep innovative and engaging. UIF strives to hone students’ entrepreneurial mindset. I think it's a match!
Why not hone the entrepreneurial mindset mindfully and give changemakers the tools to get aware of, appreciate and cultivate their capacity to drive change? I think there is a way to create the future from the present moment!
Entrepreneurial well-being has recently received a lot of attention in academia and is suggested to be taken seriously. Furthermore, our world needs changemakers that are driven by a social or sustainable purpose. Research has shown that both aspects are related to meditation and mindfulness.
This is why I want to develop a formats for entrepreneurs, in which they gain skills to tackle the external challenges of a fast-moving world and internal challenges which arise along the entrepreneurial journey. I want to empower changemakers to create sustainable change through teaching them the basics of Entrepreneurial Mindfulness.
Recently, I started having a closer look at these issues to develop a more thorough understanding and collect expert opinions in my book (https://www.onmindsandmotion.com/the-mindful-startup. This can then provide a foundation to train changemakers in Entrepreneurial Mindfulness and enable academic research about its effectiveness.
- Individuals who want to drive change with a purpose and need the skills to do so
- Change makers who too often give 110% and need tools to handle their internal challenge
- December 2020: Content written & Prototype Workshop Planned for selected TUHH students, Start administrative process for a new course
- March 2021: Workshop carried out & content ready to get Feedback from fellows and champions across the world
- June 202: Course details clear and feedback collected
- September 2021: Course preparation starts
- December 2021: Course successfully carried out
- March 2022: Impact of course analyzed and insights ready
An Innovation Portfolio
Potential artifacts include:
- Written content
- Cool infographics
- Meditation guides for changemakers
- Workshop formats
- A course format
- Research output