Fellow:Simon de Schaetzen
Simon de Schaetzen is an undergraduate student at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. He is studying ATLAS (Technology, Liberal Arts, and Sciences). The program thrives off an interdisciplinary mindset, with project-based learning that works on solving complex societal issues through the domains of innovative technology and social sciences.
Simon is an engaged optimistic young adult and is most passionate about working with intricate topics such as Sustainability and the SDGs, Social Justice and Activism, and Education. He loves to inspire and be inspired to take the most of what life offers and is committed to bring a change in society. Currently, Simon is a University Innovation Fellow Candidate and working on a project brining social innovation to the university with the aim of tackling societal issues in both developed and developing countries.
University of Twente:
- Sustainability committee, 2018 – 2019
- Honour Code committee, 2019
- University Innovation Fellows, 2019
- Organic Agriculture and the Sustainable Development Goals, 2019
The International Youth Initiative Program:
- The International Youth Initiative Program is a 10-month societal entrepreneurship program based in Sweden and Brazil, strengthening young adults’ capacity to take initiative in the face of current global challenges. By expanding global and personal awareness and by offering organizational and entrepreneurial tools, YIP provides a platform to develop youth’s fullest potential and to create the change they want to see in the world.
- KRAS, 2016 - 2017, Active member of a youth political debate group
- Sjapo, 2015 – 2-17, Participant and later team leader of an initiative of a handful of last year students to coach & support first-year high school students for their integration and personal development
- High School Student Council, 2014 – 2017: member of the School Council & organization of student’s activities for up to 3.000 students