Sophie Vo is an undergraduate student with big ambitions to change the world. She envisions herself working on engineering projects that integrate technology and creativity which are accessible, address global challenges and improve overall quality of life.
Born and raised in the suburbs of Sydney, Sophie's curiosity and quench for knowledge has lead to her desire to make a positive impact on the world. With a passion for breaking down gender barriers in STEM fields and supporting the next generation, Sophie is a Student Ambassador for the University of Technology Sydney and a Student Promoter Representative for the Faculty of Engineering.
Embracing education, Sophie is studying for a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and a Diploma of Professional Practice at the University of Technology Sydney. To diversify her outlook on life and deepen her journey to becoming a multifaceted scholar, she undertook '3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing' abroad as part of a month-long intensive program at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
- UTS Women in Engineering and IT Faculty Scholarship
- UTS Robotics Institute Summer Scholarship
- Dean’s Engineering List 2023
- Engineering Society General Committee
- HSC Top Achiever and Distinguished Achiever with a First in State ranking in Business Services
- Advanced Space Academy USA Scholarship
Social media profiles