Deepti Bhat is a current first year undergraduate student at Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore, India. She was born on December 5th, 2003 in Karnataka.
Since childhood, she has embraced cultures and experiences from several places - all the way from Pune, to California, Arizona, and back to Mysore for her high school. Being a passionate seeker of knowledge, her journey towards understanding the intricacy and beauty of STEM fields began with Tech Trek, AAUW. The moment she designed and implemented a prototype robot in the camp at Stanford, was the moment that paved the path for her engineering dream!
A question that always kept her on her toes during high school was: “Where can I apply this?.” With the motivation to extend her learnings and interests to help the community around her, she joined the Technovation Global community in 2021. Her app idea, Dretion - centered around the issue of donations - made it to the semifinals.
During her free time, she thoroughly enjoys writing and trying out new hobbies like macrame or jewelry making. Her love for writing was eventually manifested into a blog Feminism in your Face, where she aimed to pen the lesser known stories of women though her words.
Ever since she heard the quote, “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment,” she couldn’t wait to embark on her next unique endeavor!
Notable Achievements of Deepti Bhat:
- Outstanding Pearson Learner Award (Highest Marks in India for IGCSE Mathematics, IGCSE Chemistry, and IGCSE Physics)
- Essay Competition Winner for the 4th Guru Kalam Memorial Lecture by the Inspired Indian Foundation
- Second Place in “Avishkar” Make in India - Change Maker Competition by The Hindu
- Valedictorian of the Edexcel A Level Graduating Batch 2021 at The Learning Curve International School
- Semifinalist of Technovation Global 2021 for the app Dretion
Social media profiles