Priorities:Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute of Technology Student Priorities
STRATEGY #1: ATTRACT STUDENTS TOWARDS INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Provide a platform for the students to express their innovative and entrepreneurial ideas
- Students participate in workshops and other interactive events to express their ideas.
- They meet the directors, administrators, and entrepreneurs know whatthey need do to make the idea a good project to work on and to know the market needs.
- Good and fetching ideas will be appreciated and encouraged to work on.
Mentorship programs for young entrepreneurs
The students learn from the life stories of entrepreneurs and are encouraged towards entrepreneurship.
Mentorship from IT by Tata Consultancy Services.
Introduce an Audit course on Entrepreneurship for undergraduate students
- Interested students can take an audit course in the third or final year of their graduation.
- It should include elements of design thinking, lean startup, negotiation with partners, risk analysis etc.
Introducing crash courses on emerging technologies
- To promote innovative projects in those areas.
- Exhibit those projects to inspire their peers and juniors.
STRATEGY#2: PROMOTION OF INTER-DEPARTMENTAL COLLABORATION
- Projects on subjects like robotics, hardware, machine building are done through active collaboration between students of various streams of engineering.
- Such projects must be encouraged in third as well as the final year of graduation.
- The activities of co-curricular and extracurricular clubs must be extended to include the students from all departments.
- Any project which is done as a college event in a club should be done with the active participation of students from alldepartments.
- All the clubs should ensure that each student is a part of some club or the other
- Through group discussions and such events, students from various backgrounds and streams interact and collectively solve common problems.
STRATEGY#3: CONNECTING THE CAMPUS WITH THE INDUSTRY
- The college administration should collaborate with the industries.
- The industry should conduct some screening tests and other things and provide internships to the students so that the students can get used to the working environment.
- Industry professionals should teach the students the courses related to the technologies and tools which they are using.
- For thispurpose E-learning platforms should be developed and made more familiar.
- By collaborating with the administration the industry should give students some live projects and assignments.
STRATEGY#4: ENHANCING THE CULTURE OF I&E IN SCHOOL
- Students must be encouraged to look around and identify problems.
- The probable solution to the problem is to be discussed in the Innovationcentreprogrammes.
- They should collaborate with the government and industry to get sufficient financial and mentorship aid from them.
- There should be the autonomous society formed by industry, professionals, government officials, alumni and students leader in the incubation center.
- The society should not be controlled by the university.
- They should have regular meetings and should discuss the projects they are working on, the problems which are faced by the people.
- SRINIVASA RAMANUJAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,ANANTAPUR has an entrepreneurship cell which conducts many events related to entrepreneurship.