University: Colorado School of Mines (aka Mines)
Major: Chemical Engineering
UIF Since: Spring 2016
Regional Meetup Registration/Info: Click on me to learn more about how you can go to ColoRADo for a rad experience!
- Newmont Innovation Competition: Newmont Mining Co. donated $70,000 to Mines to host an innovation competition around the industry of mining. I got to take part in planning and facilitating the competition two years in a row.
- Maker Spaces at Mines: Mines currently has three new maker spaces thanks to the Mines Fellows! I got to help design two of the spaces that get used by students every day.
- UIFresh: I was given a few hours during freshman orientation to conduct creative thinking, design thinking, and rapid prototyping workshops to introduce freshman to I&E in order to increase retention rates in STEM. I got support from major faculty on campus and the letter of support, along with many letters from other fellows at different universities, were published by t he white house.
- I&E Workshops: I've conducted various design thinking and lean canvas workshops in classes, during clubs, and for faculty.
- MINES REGIONAL MEETUP: The Mines Fellows are planning an incredible regional meetup for September 6th-9th, 2018! We are ready to show off our lovely State of Colorado and our new and improved university! We've planned things like hiking, rock climbing, walks along the creek, a design challenge around disabilities, numerous ignites from Fellows, inspirational speakers, and lots of community bonding. Learn more and register at minesmeetup.co! To help earn travel funding from your university, register to do an ignite (short education, information, or inspirational speech) or submit a poster! Also, please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Click on the video below to see the first teaser released for the regional meetup!
- Marvel Movies
The University Innovation Fellows Program is a life changing program that allows students to become true makers of change at their own universities, companies, organizations, and communities. It equips students with resources, skills, and the community to chase their dreams and change the world. UIF empowers students to go on and inspire the rest of the world. Ask me about how UIF has changed my life.
University Innovation Fellows