School:Gujarat Technological University
Established in 2010 as a Center for Excellence, FACULTY OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH [FETR] is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad.The institute is situated near Isroli-Afwa in Bardoli taluka of Surat District, about 4 KMs away from Bardoli Town. The institute provides students all possible infrastructure and educational facilities such as neat and airy classrooms, tutorial rooms, fully equipped laboratories, language lab to empower them in communicative English, computer center, library, workshop, playground and canteen.
To be an institution of excellence in engineering & technology to play a vital role in the industrial development and economic growth of the nation through trained young technocrats.
Committed to achieve, maintain and continuously improve technical excellence, ethical values and overall development of student's community of especially rural area and the nation as a whole.
College Website: http://fetr.ac.in/
1.Promoting student innovation and entrepreneurship
The campus has signed MOU with SEVA to develop the Common Engineering Facility Center at their campus, to narrow down the gap of Industry- Institute and so technology with formation of SPV SETU Foundation with main objective of Redefining Innovation and Rediscovering Technology. The students are given full oppurtunity to expose themselves to the outside world. Below are the few examples:
- Final year students of CSE department Mr. Mihir Tailor, Mr. Rajan Mistry, Mr. Dipen Patel and Mr. Ravi Maradiya has presented their project “Smart Vehicle Stack” at Raksha Shakti University (RSU)-Ahmedabad on 10th August 2016. It was appreciated by “Traffic Cell” of RSU and was also sponsored for real time implementation of the project at various places in Ahmedabad.
- The bunch of three students Shihora Dharm, Kanthariya Chirag, Pathan Shahbazkhan attained on international education summer camp to Germany(berlin) in July, 2016.
2.Encouraging faculty innovation and entrepreneurship
Faculties are supported to be entrepreneurial or commercialize their research.If they are motivated, they will be able to motivate the students.Many of our faculties have published their research papers in various national and inter-national journal.
- Prof. Narendra V. Jagtap has presented a paper titled “Bridging the gap between academia and industry” in 20th ISTE State Annual Faculty Convention 2015.
- Prof. Jatin M. Patel has published paper entitled “Blackhole Detection and Prevention in MANET” in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research in April 2016.
- Prof. Henita R. Rana has published paper entitled “Gleam City Surat” in e-journal named International Journal of Scientific Research and Development in April 2016.
- Prof. Bhavin G. Patel has published a paper entitled “Fracture and Size Effect Studies on Fibre Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete Using Digital Image Correlation.” 9th International Conference on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures University of California, Berkeley, California USA
- Prof. G. S. Patel has published a paper titled “Comparative analysis of one cycle control & conventional control methods for 3 phase grid connected inverter” at IEEE International conference, ICEEOT, at DMJ college of Engg., Chennai, Tamil-Nadu, in March 2016.
3.Facilitating university-industry collaboration
- PTC AUTHORISED TRAINING CENTER
- D-LINK ACADEMY
- ENVIROCHEM AUDIT CELL
- INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AT GMMOS, DUBAI
4.Engaging with regional and local economic development efforts
Promoted by Textile Machinery Manufacturers Association (TMMA) and Surat Engineering Vikas Association (SEVA) with support from Department of Heavy Industries (Govt. of India) under ‘Make in India’ campaign and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Education Society a ‘Common Engineering Facility Center (CEFC/CFC)’ Surat is envisaged to uplift the engineering infrastructure, to enhance the skills of the man power and to augment the employment generation in South Gujarat region.
Campus Introduction Video
Landscape canvas links: