School:Galgotia's College of Engineering and Technology
Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology are approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India andaffiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow formerly Uttar Pradesh Technical University. Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, established in 1999, synergizes theoretical knowledge and practical skills to promote all round professional competence. Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology has acquired a unique status in UP, the NCR region and the country as a whole by breaking new grounds in producing professionals of national and international acclaim and has been recognized as one of the top ranking institutions imparting high quality education.
- 1 1. Campus Overview
- 2 2. Promoting Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 3 3. Encouraging Faculty Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 4 4. Actively Supporting The University Transfer Function
- 5 5. Facilitating University Industry Collaboration
- 6 6. Engaging With Regional and Local Economia Development Efforts
- 7 7.Landscape canvas spreadsheet
- 8 Related Links
1. Campus Overview
The main focus of the Institution is to empower students with sound knowledge, wisdom, experience and training both at the academic level of engineering and in the highly competitive global industrial market. The infrastructure facilities and state-of-the-art equipments combined with a galaxy of competent, talented and dedicated faculty contribute to an enjoyable and an easy learning experience. GCET is very eco-friendly campus and is equipped with state-of-art infrastructure. We have well equipped labs and libraries to help students in attaining highest standards in academics, research and professional skills. The campus also has adequate sports infrastructure for recreational activities.
2. Promoting Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship
GCTII - 'Galgotias Centre for Technical Innovation & Incubation' is a technology driven business incubator & Entrepreneurship (e) - Cell within the premises of GCET. GCTII is being run by a highly efficient multi-member Board which is chaired by Dr.V.K. Dwivedi, Director, GCET and headed by Dr.S.K. Verma under the patronage of Mr. Sunil Galgotia, Chairman and Mr. Dhruv Galgotia, CEO.
GCTII has been envisioned to become a world class technology driven incubator and provide a universal platform for research and development for the benefits of budding entrepreneurs, corporate houses & the society at large.
· To nurture and produce a pool of proficient entrepreneurs in the society.
· To foster an environment where a sense of creativity, originality and capacity to transform innovative skills & business ideas could be inculcated.
· To establish a laboratory for budding techno-management students to learn, experiment and test their innovative business ideas which could be commercialized.
· To participate and contribute in Government’s initiative for self-employment.
· To contribute towards the success of ‘Make in India’ campaign to produce 50 million young entrepreneurs by 2022.
3. Encouraging Faculty Innovation and Entrepreneurship
There has been an existence of the syllabus taught to students that needs to match the industrial standards and what skills are actually required. The faculty here at Galgotias has realized about the existence of this curricula gap in college and to minimize this gap, faculty in various departments has been taking measures. To make students understand their actual subject priorities, sessions, lectures and seminars have been conducted in classes. Along with that, in order to improve their understanding of current needs and demands and to take a step forward towards innovation, Faculty Development Programme (FDP) had been conducted recently. With these measures the faculty tries to imbibe in students an understanding of the need of innovation and seeks measures to enhance it.
4. Actively Supporting The University Transfer Function
Some of the supporters associated with Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology are:
· MSME - Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
· SIDBI - Small Industries Development Bank of India
· NSTEDB - National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board
· DIT - Department of Information Technology
· DST - Department of Science & Technology
· STATE GOVERNMENT
5. Facilitating University Industry Collaboration
Galgotia College is flourised with the advantage of collaboration with various industries. With the support of these industries,the college is able to introduce the atmosphere of industry to its students. It has placement cell, which apart from placement in different industries, also takes care about the internships and visits that students can have during their college life. Galgotias, besides this cell also has departmental industrial cells, that nurtures its students.
The (CS/IT) Department of the college has an Industry Interaction Cell (IIC) in the department. It aims to facilitate the process of close interaction with the industry and actively arranging for industry interaction with students and bridge the gap between academia and corporate world. The Cell invites thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, executives and policy makers to address students thereby facilitating practical learning. Expert lectures, conferences, workshops and seminars are conducted through this collaboration, a link to which is provided below.
Apart from that the Department has an Industry –Interface/ MoU(Memorandum of Understanding) with many companies for acknowledging student projects. Previously connected with other companies, currently MoU has been signed with Infosys Technologies Limited Bangalore for smooth conduction of Infosys Campus Connect Programme(ICC). .
Other (EI/IC/EE/EEE/ME) Department also has a unit for industrial experiences. Regularly students are invited to vist industries that involve the core of the department. Seminars, conferences, workshops and lectures are conducted with this collaboration for the regular growth of students and so as to introduce them to the industrial environment.
6. Engaging With Regional and Local Economia Development Efforts
Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology looks forward to participate and contribute in Government’s initiative for self-employment. To contribute towards the success of ‘Make in India’ campaign to produce 50 million young entrepreneurs by 2022.
7.Landscape canvas spreadsheet
Created :Spring 2017 | Updated : Spring 2018 UIF:
Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology Student Priorities
SPRING 2018 :