Priorities:University of Cincinnati Student Priorities
The University of Cincinnati (UC or Cincinnati) is a public research university in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second-largest university in Ohio. It is part of the University System of Ohio. The university has four major campuses with Cincinnati's main campus and medical campus in Clifton Heights and branch campuses in Blue Ash and Clermont.
This project would expose students to what it's like to work on diverse teams for projects around the area. Service hours are something many students require for scholarships but some people struggle to find an opportunity to serve. Students want to work with other people majors from their campus and participate in projects that are applicable to what they want to study. With UCreate, students can work on these projects and have a chance to work with students from other majors; also giving them a chance to see what is possible with their degree.
- Students complete a professional personality assessment
- Working outside majors on projects that weren't thought to be possible
- Chance to do roles on a team that they may have never done before
- Increases the community involvement for the Cincinnati area
The Future of Capstone
The purpose of the Future of Capstone is for students to expand on the trends and observations they have taken away from their industry experience acquired during their professional coop program. Students from the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning, College of Engineering and Applied Science, and Lindner College of Business can participate in this capstone course. From their observations they noticed on coop, they will continue researching future trends in their industry and decide on the topics they would like to apply the knowledge through a future forward perspective to bring into the University of Cincinnati community. Students that have convening topics will be placed in a group to work on developing the project for the rest of the semester and will have a showcase of their own.
- Applying the insights on the future in the student's industry into a project
- Multidisciplinary collaboration through a team project
- Bridging the gap between coop industry experience and education
- Researching and synthesizing insights on the future of jobs
- Students and faculty discover the areas for opportunity to prepare students for post graduation
This innovation passport would encourage students to explore a program that is outside of their own major. We think that this would be incredibly beneficial as students don't have the time to explore their interests outside of their own majors. We know that students want to learn about all these different opportunities and resources on campus so having an incentivized roadmap to help them get there would be the extra push that is needed. This would also be incredibly beneficial to show a diverse and well-rounded portfolio when students are out looking for outside jobs.
- Find Overlap with existing UC Resources / programs
- Strongly encourage interdisciplinary work around passions outside of major
- Incentives through BoK equivalent work
- Incentives through Cincinnatus hour earnings
- Integrate system with an existing platform and design interface
- Create a matching system to link student with complementary traits
- Find ways to integrate with existing groups on campus (LCs, Design Chanllenge cohort)
- Operation system - create feedback mechanism to track the progress of groups, reassign people if groups aren't working
- Mix of both group and individual activitues to encourage both and collaboration and individual achievement
- Find events / classes / programs that can become microcredential activieties.
- Reach out to people on campus who can promote this program
- Find incentives to encourage people to participate (Medals / Cords)
- Decide upon the best subjects to include as mirco-credentials
- Test run micro-credential program with interested students
Student Project Forum
- A place to assemble a team for interdiciplinary work -- find the skills and talents
- Encourage a community of projects and learning
- Design an interface forum
- A place to share successes and ask for advice