Priorities:Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology Student Priorities
- 1 Ideas presentations - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yTmIQpGuwRyi9cse-MUpdcaTJcmvz6ht
- 2 PROJECT 1 : ENCOURAGE MORE STUDENTS TOWARDS INNOVATION & ENTREPRENUERSHIP
- 3 PROJECT 2 : CREATE TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICE
- 4 PROJECT 3 : CONDUCT COMPETITIONS & EXPOs
- 5 PROJECT - 4 : ENHANCING ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS THROUGH OUTSIDE WORLD
Ideas presentations - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yTmIQpGuwRyi9cse-MUpdcaTJcmvz6ht
PROJECT 1 : ENCOURAGE MORE STUDENTS TOWARDS INNOVATION & ENTREPRENUERSHIP
Strategy 1 : Identifying why students are not participating in innovation and entrepreneurship at the expected level
To enhance innovation and entrepreneurship in a institution the participation of students in those activities is very important .So to engage the students in such activities we need to organize Awareness sessions that teaches the students to know what is the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship in their life . There is a need to identify their strengths and weaknesses which make them understand and focus more on improvements according to their needs .
Offering basic courses related to entrepreneurship in the initial stages of their graduation courses make them to learn the why and what is the importance of entrepreneurship . After acquiring the basic knowledge required to entrepreneurship if they are interested they can move further and do masters in business administration or they can build a start-up according to their priorities .
Strategy 3 : Encourage Students to build Projects and converting them into business plans
Innovation is all about practical knowledge , So to make their learning more practical students need to build project models . After the completion of developing a project they themselves can organize a project expo and they can convert their ideas into business . This instill confidence in the students .
Contributor : Ms. T . Dhanya sree .
PROJECT 2 : CREATE TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICE
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICE
Technology Transfer Office is defined as an organization, such as a non- profit organization or a foundation, or a division or department, of a Research Member that engages in transferring technology on behalf of the Research Member
The Technology Transfer Office, also known as the License Office or Patent Office, plays a role in commercializing university inventions. Together with the entire team of staff and faculty, these professionals work to find techniques that carry the potential to provide financial returns.
Activities performed by TTO of Office of Technology Transfer
1. TTO works with attorneys for securing patent and other intellectual property rights
2. Tech transfer professionals assess the commercial potential of new inventions
3. Technology transfer professionals’ market available technologies to potential licensees and partners,
4. TTO educates researchers about commercialization principles and strategies
5. TTO assists with faculty start-up creation and development
6. Technology transfer professionals secure funding for early-stage research and start-ups
7. Tech transfers involve negotiating partnerships and license agreements
8. TTO organizes business plan and start-up competitions
9. Technology transfer helps in building innovation ecosystems and support structures that promote innovation and economic development
10. TTO is involved in creating programs that encourage both students and faculty to innovate in labs and maker spaces, so entrepreneurial engagement occurs in a manner that those technologies and innovations can come in the market place
Why TTO for our institution?
This office will be like the extension part of the innovation and entrepreneurship cells. This office is also like a surety for the young minds that their idea can become big with the helps of this office.
We know that the Siddhartha academy is very big organization and it has many institutes under it. So if student from one institute can innovate many great things, just imagine if all the institutes under the Siddhartha academy share their knowledge, technology and experience. It will be a whole revolution. It will be a huge game changer for both the students and the faculty which in turn develops all the institutes.
The Siddhartha Academy has around 23 institutes under it in various fields that include Arts, Medical, Business, hotel management, law, engineering and many more.
Let us say if the medical college has a problem about participation in their blood donation camps or a health camp. The engineering college students can build an app where they can stay informed about the health camps and clear their queries.
Like this colleges can not only help the public with their products but they can also help each other and grow. The number of innovators and entrepreneurs will increase and will be from our institutions.
This will also increase the reputation and the standards of all the Siddhartha institutions. If this becomes a success then the Siddhartha academy becomes one of the leading educational foundations in the country.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A TECH TRANSFER OFFICE:
1. Analyze and prioritize the patent portfolio and other internal intellectual property (IP) “inventories” and capabilities to understand what your institution has to offer the outside world.
2. Analyze your R&D investments to understand the challenges your institution faces.
Note: So, #1 is what you have and #2 is what you need. And these are important steps, regardless of whether you’re a university, a company, or a government lab so that you can leverage both sides of innovation. Now let’s get back to our list.
3. Conduct market research to identify who has what you need and who needs what you have—you’re looking for the intersection of technologies and needs.
4. Develop a project plan for pursuing collaborative partnerships and licenses with the organizations that show up on both lists—and where you’re most likely to have success that maximizes value to the institution. (The NASA Massively Multiplayer Online Game Moonbase Alpha is an example of this type of success.)
5. Secure internal buy-in from the key personnel involved in the specific opportunity. You need to have the buy-in of the inventors of innovations you’re trying to out-license
If this is implemented then, then the number of innovations, entrepreneurs will increase from our institutes which contributes more to our society, which also happens to be the main motive of the Siddhartha trust foundation.
Contributor : Mr.V.Sri Chandan
PROJECT 3 : CONDUCT COMPETITIONS & EXPOs
Importance of conducting Competitions and expos:
The basic importance of conducting Competitions and expos are students can share their ideology, knowledge and experience. Students can interact with different students from various fields. We can share our knowledge to other institutions and they can share their ideas to us. We can know where we are lacking at and improve our campus, they can also help us in doing that. Students can come up with quantity of ideas and select one to implement in their own campus. Students can also adapt to the outside world competition. Expos will be very exciting to watch and attractive. Prototypes can be displayed in the expos to share their ideas to different students and they can learn many things from the prototype ideas.
Implementation of Strategy:
-- Conducting both inter and intra competitions between different institutions.
-- Assigning faculty members and mentors to provide assistance, guidance and judging the prototypes.
-- Organizing various expos to display the prototypes of different student from various institutions.
-- Comparing other organizations to know where we lag at and also to improve our campus.
-- To award them with prizes and certificates to motivate the students for more participation.
-- The main challenge would be participation of the students actively in the competitions and expos or debates.
-- Convincing the management to conduct competitions and expos, which will be very useful for students to improve their ideologies and also to improve the campus.
-- Raising awareness of the advantages of these contests to ensure that lots of students take part in these activities.
-- Convincing the other colleges to work with us and share their physical resources.
Contributor : Mr.P.N.Raghavendra
PROJECT - 4 : ENHANCING ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS THROUGH OUTSIDE WORLD
Strategy 1 : Industrial Exposure as Internship
CONCEPT : Experiencing the real roles in the industries.
BRIEF : Making students as batches and send them to a company to play the real time roles of a Team leader, Project Manager, HR, Interviewer which will also be like an internship for the students and industries can certify students.
ADVANTAGE : Thoughts of Students will be developed and Start-up culture will be inculcated by knowing the work process and high level thinking will be inculcated enormously in the minds of students.
-Identifying the companies which will allow to perform and cope with the task.
-Make the idea like an Intership(As we have mandatory internships in the form of courses).
-Instead of course kind of internship, Real industrial exposure can be made as internship to have proper idea on the practical knowledge from theoretical knowledge.
Strategy 2 : Inculcating Young stories in the young minds
CONCEPT : Students should be taught about the successful and failure stories through the Inspirational lectures as the part of awareness sessions.
PURPOSE : To improve quality in the ideas and solutions. Confidence, patience are the keys to sustain in the field of entrepreneurship.
BRIEF : Through success stories we will know what to do, But from failure stories we will come to know what not to do, Which will be like success map.
-Conducting sessions like TEDx talks and students talks also should be conducted in the name of PVPs talks(PVP Student talks every month by the alumni or present students too!!!.
Strategy 3 : Enhancing the Business Strategies
PURPOSE: Comparing will improvise the gaps behind a task. -Makes the minds strong enough to face the competitors in the community. -entrepreneurship is mainly based on the incrementation of the ideas and prototypes.
-comparing automatically give few of the solutions to make a successful journey of the entrepreneurship. It will be like brainstorming.
-Debates act as a vital role in the entrepreneurship to know the pros and cons of the idea that is suggested.
-Debates are for the feedback purpose and they help to face the critics and clients in a proper manner.
-Even though there is innovation club, Entrepreneurship cell , Invention and Innovation cell etc.. There is no idea what are the activities that they are being conducted.
So, the topics should be released in the form of debates to bring a proper awareness on the activities for all the students apart from those who are a part of these cells.
Contributor :Ms. Veenaa Sree Sai Namana