Priorities:Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology Faculty Projects
Project Name: Making Innovation as part of Education Culture
Project by Faculty Innovation Fellows Candidate Prashant Atmakuri
Why is this project important to you, your department, & your Fellows?
Every stakeholder (faculty, students) of an institution need to evolve by gaining and sharing knowledge from all domains. Innovation or idea creation will not just spark in one's mind, unless knowledge transfer among various domain experts takes place. This will create a new world of ideas which will benefit the society.
India is a vast country having history hidden in its roots far beyond one's imagination. There are many people who contributed their lives for a better society starting from 7000 BC till present day. India is the land where several innovations in various domains like ancient dentistry, ayurveda, yoga, mining, agriculture, mathematics, grammar, science, plastic surgery, space, medicine etc. have evolved. But today's India is not able to cherish well when compared to its past. Many of the preaching's that existed once upon a time are lost. The reason behind this is the education system that cherishes the young minds with in-depth knowledge of various domains is not functioning to its fullest. The thought process in understanding a problem by connecting it to various domains is completely neglected. Young students are restricted only to think and evolve in their specialized area which creates a black hole while developing solutions. If this boundary becomes invisible, then the innovation will serve the humankind to live a better life.
- Students and Faculty of all disciplines in the Institution.
- Community people for whom these innovations can make their life better.
- December 2022: In-depth study on present education system.
- March 2023: Finding new courses with multidisciplinary studies that can bring the change.
- June 2023: Finding a strategic plan on how these courses can be delivered effectively.
- September 2023: Finding a better assessment technique to evaluate the creativity of the students.
- December 2023: Impact on thought process if an ecosystem with multidisciplinary knowledge evolves.
- March 2024: Comparing the idea’s generated and implemented before and after.
An Innovation Portfolio
slides activities worksheets documents images videos mind map’s