Team Awareness works on strategies to reach other students with the message that Innovation and Entrepreneurship are important activities to engage in while at college. Expanding one's entrepreneurial mindset allows students to explore their creative and innovative potential, work on projects that acheive social impact, build one's project/resume portfolio and cultivates the skill sets that contribute to one's future employer, be it a business or non-profit setting.
Standing Meeting Time
The Team meeting is organized bi-weekly.
Regular Meeting Time:
Wednesdays 7PM EST (4PM PST)
- Yifan Ge, Bucknell University --Team Leader
- Brittany Wouden, Washington State University Vancouver --Team Leader
- Nolan Nicholson, University of Nevada, Reno
- Valerie Sherry, University of Maryland College Park
- Dean Tate, Texas A & M University
- Graham Leslie, Texas A & M University
- Katelyn Stenger, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Mridul Bhandari, Pennsylvania State University
- Ellery Addington-White, Beloit College
- Jennifer Mayo, Oklahoma State University
- Events That Inspire
- How-to Workshops
Wednesday October 30, 2013
Meeting Format: Brainstorm projects and ideas with Team Members. Discuss challenges faced and possible solutions.
What is the format of our get-together. Does each person report out on their most important project in this Strategy? Or, does each member use the opportunity to highlight their struggles and ask for advice?
see bcsstartup.com, one of the resources for A&M (Graham)
Are their any sub-groups that should form to advance specific interests ex: holding a TEDx, championing changes to IP policy, etc.?
|Sub-group Name||Group Member||Comments|
IP Policy -- Great suggestions from everyone about the differences in policy from campus to campus. Really pushed the idea of transparency in IP
Interested in Presentations on Patents (possible collaboration with Brittany) and Workshops for SEED Grant Funding
Graham is forming a student organization on campus to divide and conquer to find departmental gaps and fill them with UIF resources (hard to tackle 55k students without help)
Identify any special guests, speakers or resources you would like to invite to future meetings.
- Spud Marshall and Christian: Co.Space founder (thecospace.com) Super awesome people to talk to!
- Fletcher Richman: Co-founder of SparkBoulder, incubator space in University of Colorado. Graham was one of the first clients of his campus incubator and is familiar with the board and those responsible for launching
- Amber Case: Cyborg Bootcamp for social entrepreneurship
How frequently does this group meet and what is its regular meeting date/time (including the very next meeting time scheduled)?
Once every two weeks - Around 7 pm EST (4 pm PST)
Doodle poll to pick day of the week and then time on that day aiming for evening.
Who does the group elect to serve as the team-leaders (recommend 2)?
Do you want Humera to attend any of these sessions? Every other one? Or, on a case-by-case basis?