Fellow:Vinisha H. Patel
Hi, I'm Vinisha Patel, a junior at The College of New Jersey majoring in Biology and double minoring in Public Policy Analysis and Management (Health Communications Specialization) as well as Public Health. I serve as a Bonner Community Scholar at TCNJ, serving the Trenton-Mercer County area through direct service and capacity-building in the issue areas of environmental education, healthcare equity, and environmental health equity. On campus, I am involved in a myraid of co-curriculars organizations such as Public Health Club, Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society, and Late Night Takes.
I strive to make a difference by developing and supporting initiatives that are meeting the asks of community members and grassroots organizations. I find an immense sense of fulfillment through service and solving prevalent issues through innovative solutions. I strongly believe that higher education that values the intersectionality of the modern world and prioritizes unconventional but sustainable problem-solving methodology will develop the leaders of tomorrow, today.
After my time at TCNJ, I aim to pursue a career as a physician doctor in a primary care-focused specialty. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, sunrise walks, baking, traveling, and spending time with my family.
- Bonner Community Scholar & TCNJ Bonner Head of Recruitment 2022-2024
- Director of Youth Activities for the India-US Forum of Monroe Township (501c3 nonprofit)
- Keynote Speaker - 34th Annual Winter Conference (A Force for the Future) for the Alliance for NJ Environmental Educators
- CEO & Founder of Well-Rounded Tutors
- United Nations International Young Leaders Assembly Delegate (2017-2019)