School:Varna Free University
Varna Free University „Chernorizets Hrabar“ is the biggest and most acknowledged private university in Bulgaria. Created in 1991, it is an educational brand which has earned not only the trust of its students but also that of its numerous academic partners worldwide.
The university offers many opportunities for its students, some of them regarding innovation and enterpreneurship. Over the last few years, more and more programs, hackathons, courses, seminars, etc. are happening in the university, gathering students from different faculties and expanding their knowledge on different aspects. For example, new Master's programs are being created on up-to-date topics, e.g. Data Science, Enterpreneurship, etc. This way the university's students can be well informed on subjects, which are needed by companies from all over the world.
The university offers work opportunities as well, helping students find the job of their dreams, and even being able to study and work at the same time. It teams up with companies from Varna in order to improve not only the student's practical knowledge but also his/her work experience and prepare him for the real world, making the transfer from univerisity to work easier for him/her to make.
Project Idea 1: Students' talk
By: Asya Mincheva
The idea of the Students' talk is to help one student get to know more about what the others in university do and learn from them.
Project Idea 2: Coffee with a professor
By: Antonio Tonchev
The idea of Coffee with a professor is to establish a connection between the professors and students, as well as to inspire them.
Both parties will meet in the cafeteria, at around 13:00/14:00 o’clock. They will grab a cup of coffee and even lunch if they feel like it. The professors can clear up any questions the students have and give them advice be it for university or life lessons in general.
The event will be held two to three times a week, every week. The students that participate are going to be chosen at random by us. The duration of the event will be around 30-45 minutes. Funds required for the event will be sourced from the SG or University Administration.
I honestly believe that such an event will be especially helpful for the freshmen at university by inspiring them and giving them advice. It can also diversify their viewpoints about the different events happening all around campus. It will make them feel valued and give them the ability to establish a professional relationship that may be of help in the future.
Project Idea 3: Idea box
By: Gergana Stefanova
FLASH IDEAS ZONE = FLASH IDEA BLACKBOARD = IDEA BOX = UNIVERSITY BRAINSTORMING IDEA - WHY - HOW TO DO - HOW MUCH - WHEN WILL GET THE RESULTS
1. THE IDEA: The main idea of the project is to create an interesting and easily accessible space for students and teachers to present their flash ideas and thoughts impulsively and if you prefer anonymously. All students, professors and administration should have easy access to Flash Zone ideas. It would be important to give a topic each week to induce and ask for opinions, ideas and suggestions.
2. WHY? – Non-motivating environment Some summarize it like this: "I get bored, nothing awakens my interest". However, there is something more important behind that lack of student commitment. Internally, we found a feeling of demotivation as their learning environment that "did not provide an innate motivation". On an external level we concluded that the students felt that there was a lack of collaboration between students and teachers, with the absence of social signals and a high fear of isolation. Therefore, those feelings are important to detect.
Brainstorming is a technique in which a specific topic is established and greatest possible number of ideas are contributed in a given time frame. In this scenario of creativity all provided ideas have the same value and are interest. The environment is informal, relaxed and open for inspiration to flow freely and everyone is encouraged to participate regardless of the nature of their idea. Is a technique that is usually used to confront a problem and find a solution using together the ideas of all members of the university and creating an atmosphere of union and cooperation, which is beneficial for the environment of Varna Free university .
HOW WE DO IT: We need boards and Post-it Notes of colors where each one can write down their thought or flash idea and paste it to the table so it can be read by everybody. Should have boards in all common areas of the university
1. (1) in the main room of the Varna Free University,
2. (1) in the cafeteria of the university
3. (1) for each hall on each floor of the university
4. (1) the Technological Institute of the university.
THE RESULTS WE SEEK AND EXPECT:
1. To make students and teachers feel that we want to hear their thoughts, ideas, and suggestions about important topics of life, studies, improvements in the university, etc.
2. We will start as a easy personal conversation, with themes of interest focused on the people like "Hello, who are you, where are you from?" - it has to start as a game, to get to know each other, to make everyone known - students and teachers with the "Zones of Flash ideas".
Other starting themes: When was the last time you laughed until you couldn´t anymore? What is your favorite emoji, the one you constantly use in your chats? What is it that makes you happy in your life? What are your plans for the following weeks? What was the last thing that surprised you? Do you have any anecdote? What would you do if a ..................... occurred at this time?
LATER WE COULD DIRECT THE TOPICS TO A HIGHER LEVEL, alternating with funny topics so as not to create boredom. With this idea we will be able to reunite the University society in a impulsive way without effort, making the students and professors approach by their own will and expose their thoughts without pressure, leaving their will and their mind free to share with others.
Discovering from the "FLASH IDEAS ZONES" that have more people with similar interests, desires and goals we can and will find in the University. The University society will share more their deepest thoughts, look for these other people and work together to expand and improve their knowledge, skills, ideas and goals inside in a Varna Free University.
COST AND INVESTMENT: The realization of everything should not exceed 2000 BGN.
BENEFITS: Friendly and united University environment and endless innovative ideas.
Project Idea 4: Motivation & Creativity space
The idea of the Motivation & Creativity space is to offer a place for the students to get inspiration from the others and improve their creativity, innovation and enterpreneurship skills.