School:University of Central Florida
University Innovation Fellow: Tyler Salem (founder of Care Capture Inc.)
Tyler's Landscape Analysis (Presentation Summary):
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI):
- Section of UCF Business School that organizes all programs and classes related to entrepreneurship- the “hub of all things entrepreneurial”.
- CEI hosts speaker series related to entrepreneurship every 2-3 weeks.
- CEI hosts two spring events: Elevator Pitch competition ($5000 prize) and Business Plan Competition ($25000 prize).
- Tyler has participated in the Business Plan Competition over the past two years, and he has seen several companies get started because of the prize funding.
Academic programs for entrepreneurship:
- UCF has a number of relevant engineering and STEM programs that encourage entrepreneurship.
- UCF has a minor, a certificate program, and a graduate program in entrepreneurship. There is no UCF entrepreneurship major.
Other UCF opportunities for entrepreneurs:
- CEO Club- Tyler is a part of this community.
- Engineers Without Borders, Robotics Club, and several programming clubs exist on campus with the potential for pivoting towards tech entrepreneurship.
- UCF has an Angel network for funding local and student startups.
- UCF does not yet have pairings with local startups for internship opportunities, etc.