School:Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering
The Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering (Autonomous) is a private, co-education engineering institute established in the year 1996. Spread over 21 acres in a beautiful green valley far from the frenzied crowd, it is one of the most - preferred private engineering colleges in and around Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. The educational trust is formed, managed and promoted by academicians, philanthropists and technocrats and believes in human capital formation for long-term growth.
The college offers instruction to 1200 undergraduate students in 7 branches of Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology(IT). The institution also offers Master of Computer Applications program and 13 Postgraduate education programs. The institute is accredited by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) and re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council by 'A' grade with a CGPA of 3.47/4.00. Along with this, the college is sanctioned the extension of autonomy until 2020 by University Grants Commission (India)
PROMOTING STUDENT INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Inspiration and Innovation deficiency in the students is more dangerous than the contagious disease. There is a lot of onus on educational institutions to make a student’s future, industry and market ready. GVP College of Engineering (A) recognized the need and significance to inspire students and promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the campus. The institution established Center for Innovation and introduced Inspire to Innovate (i2i) Storytelling Movement to spearhead this mission and appointed a dedicated Director, Dr.Ravi Saripalle to oversee the center mission. The objective of this mission to inspire students by making them hear positive stories and positive NEWS, help them think differently and make them operate on a creative and innovative platform while disciplining as the common denominator.
With a mission, “Inspire through Storytelling - Innovate for Life turning” the above model brings distinction in promoting inspiration, thinking, creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, professionalism, research and relevance to nation-building.
How is the CFI working on instilling Innovation?
1. Sending Inspire to Innovate (i2i) Storytelling e-newsletter to all IITs, IIMs, NITs, Universities and more than 10,000+ schools across India. Till date, 6 issues are sent across the Nation (85000+ individual emails sent so far).
2. These e-newsletters contain inspiring stories of people (achievers /failures) and live case studies to students on different levels helping them set the vision for themselves and execute goals without any external influence.
3. On the case to case basis, storytelling workshops are conducted on various school/college platforms thus encouraging Innovation.
4. A new concept of edutainment (education + entertainment) is introduced. This process cuts-down the re-skilling cost as individuals inspire and learn skills on their own.
ENCOURAGING FACULTY INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The college encourages faculty to perform more research and development projects. There are around 38 research supervisors/ co-supervisors from different departments recognized by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. Also funding from various external agencies is procured to facilitate the R&D projects.
There is a dedicated cell called the GVP-Prof.V. Lakshmikantham Institute for Advanced Studies (GVP-LIAS) (in place of Gayatri Vidya Parishad Institute for Advanced Studies (GIAS)), established in 2007. It is the offspring of Prof. Lakshmikantham's vision for a research institute that encompasses a broad spectrum of areas and the management’s initiative to support it. Prof. Lakshmikantham's generous financial support gave impetus to the growth of the institution.
With a vision to establish a Research Centre where the main purpose of its members is to conduct and foster original cutting-edge research in areas of mathematical and computational sciences useful in solving real-world problems via interdisciplinary approach for the benefit of the mankind, the institute uses its sphere of influence and helps to bring resource persons from various parts of the world. It believes in cooperation and works in collaboration with the Dept. of Mathematics, in particular, and other engineering Depts., in general.
Since its inception, over 100 research papers in refereed journals and 4 research monographs (including 2 major ones) have been published. Two international conferences on Recent Advances in Mathematical Sciences and Applications (RAMSA) were organized in 2009 and 2013. Several renowned scientists from various countries participated. Two research projects from Department of Science and Technology (DST) and National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy have been satisfactorily completed.
Under the able guidance of Prof. S. G. Deo, the former Director of the institute, the institute expanded its functions by organizing training programs for faculty and students appearing for the NET exam. Further workshops for the faculty of GVPCE and other institutes/colleges, at various levels (from school teachers to engineering faculty), have been organized.
Also, our college is an identified remote center of IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur for conducting Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) under the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) from the year 2015. as on date, three FDPs in Physics, Embedded Systems, and Power Systems were held.
FACILITATING UNIVERSITY-INDUSTRY COLLABORATION
Collaboration between colleges and industries is very crucial for skills development, acquisition and adoption of knowledge. It also plays a major role in the promotion of entrepreneurship.
A total of 13 MOUs were signed with Industry Partners that include:
- Jengu Water Pvt Ltd, USA
- The Government of A.P
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Ecologic/ MacredPharma Ltd, India
- Vasudha Pharma, India
- KalpahInnovations Private Limited
ENGAGING WITH REGIONAL AND LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS
Centre for fostering social responsibility (CFSR) in our college was Initiated in 2014-15 as an Apex body for fostering social responsibility in students with an aim to instill passion in community engagement among students for the long-term development of youth in general and society in particular.
Its main Objectives are-
- Linking learning with community service
- Linking research with community knowledge
- Knowledge sharing & knowledge mobilization
- Devising new curriculum and courses
- Including practitioners as teachers
- Social innovations by students
CFSR coordinates its activities with various service groups that execute in our college
- NSS with a motto of overall personality development of students.
- ROTARACT with an objective of developing leadership skills among the students.
- VIDYADAAN with an objective of supporting the underprivileged with Primary Education.
- WeR4Help works with a mission of providing basic provisions among needy families in and around the vicinity of the college.
- YES (Youth Enlightening the Society) sensitizes people in the rural areas on various programs made available by Government and other agencies.
- HoH (Hearts of Humanity) has the sole objective of cheering the orphans.
Fall 2017 Team
Pitch video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AOUh78FkY