Priorities:Howard University Student Priorities
- 1 Strategy #1: Changing Student's Attitudes on Howard's Campus
- 2 Strategy #2: Empowering Student Innovators at Howard
- 3 Student Priorities Pitch
Strategy #1: Changing Student's Attitudes on Howard's Campus
Tactic #1: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Panels
- Description: Howard University students lack an understanding of innovation and entrepreneurship. The series of panels will be geared to sparking students interest in innovation. We will contact local and national entrepreneurs in all fields for a series of panels.
- Team Leader(s): Attiyah Lanier, Legand Burge (Chair Systems and Computer Science)
Tactic #2: HowU Innovate
- HowU Innovate, aims to integrate innovation into the undergraduate engineering curriculum through, coursework, extracurricular programming, and infrastructural enhancements. Corporate sponsorship will help in the advancement of the following, specific program activities
Tactic #3: Freshman Innovation Program
Strategy #2: Empowering Student Innovators at Howard
Tactic #1: Student Run Inccubator
- Description: Many students have great ideas. However, Howard currently has no inccubator services. Students have no where to turn to with their ideas. The student run inncubator will make use of strategic resources such as KickStarter in order to push student ventures.
Tactic #2: MakerSpace
As part of the HowU Innovate initiative, CEACS recently won an NSF award to create a maker space. In addition, the interim President has also contributed funding to support renovations for the maker space. The maker space is projected to launch in October 2014.
The maker space will be the catalyst for innovation and entrepreneurship on the campus through formal and informal experiences that engage students in creativity, design thinking, rapid prototyping, and collaboration. The maker space will support courses such as Introduction to Engineering, Senior Capstone, and the Lean LaunchPad. In addition, the maker space will offer workshops and support extra-curricular events that foster creativity and design through entrepreneurship and innovation.
Student Priorities Pitch