Deshpande Foundation was founded in 1996, is a non-governmental organization in the USA founded by Dr. Gururaj (Desh) and Jaishree Deshpande. This organisation believes that the passion, leadership, and dedication of its team are the keys to its success.They are looking for a broad mix of personalities and skill sets.
Deshpande Foundation’s mission is to strengthen local ecosystems, build leaders and entrepreneurs, and to catalyze innovative thinking to accelerate creation of sustainable, scalable enterprises that have significant social and economic impact. To foster the next generation of entrepreneurs, leaders and organizations. The Foundation’s key focus is on partnering with universities and communities to help build an ecosystem that will create these innovative enterprises.
DISTINCT DIFFERENCES FROM OTHER OFFERINGS
Deshpande Foundation runs numerous programs that differentiate this resource as the most distinct among from other offerings. It applies a ‘bottom-up’ approach to build scalable solutions, the Deshpande Foundation works to create an effective ecosystem where resources are put to use through entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability. It engages with not-for-profits, academics, organizations and entrepreneurs leading to the launch of effective and scalable models of development.
1. Global Outreach (Helps in the creation of sustainable,scalable enterprises).
2. Entrepreneurship for All.
3. MIT Deshpande Center (Helps in managing and increasing the impact of MIT Technologies in market place).
4. Deshpande Foundation India (Helps in creating an effective ecosystem where resources are put to use through entrepreneurship,innovation,sustainability).
5. Deshpande Innovation Network.
6. Dunin-Deshpande Queens Innovation Centre.
7.LEAD (it is a platform where students from different colleges will participate to bring innovation and entrepreneurial thinking within college students).
IMPACT ACHIEVED FOR STUDENTS AND CAMPUS
The Deshpande Foundation had provided a venue for its members to learn from each other’s experiences to gain wider exposure for their ideas, successes and startups and to collaborate on activities that increase innovation and entrepreneurship in their communities. As part of the cumulative strength of the network,
1. 26,000 Young students completed their graduation through LEAD program in India.
2. 120 Mentors Helping Entrepreneurship For ALL program for students and participants.
3. 2000 Innovative Student-Led Projects delivered in India.
4. 40 partners across the for-profit , non-profit and public sectors.
5. 150 leaders briding 2 cities.
6. 1000 Entrepreneurs provided feedback and advice.
NOTES ABOUT HOW THIS RESOURCE IS DEPLOYED
1. At First they have established their headquarters in hubli-dharward and later they slowly focused on surrounding geographic area of northwest karnataka of india.
2. Coming to Funding priorities their primary funding mechanism : Grants , Range of typical investment size : under $100,000 , typical length of investment : most are for longer than 3 years of guaranteed support.
3. They are also linked with other funders platform members,also the funding priority from deshpande education trust.
STEPS REQUIRED TO BRING RESOURCE TO CAMPUS
Step-1: First we need to choose a program from deshpande foundation, why because is not only meant for a thing. it consists of numerous of different programs.After choosing we can apply through email to the deshpande foundation.
Step-2: Select the right training center for this resource in our campus and make a documentary about it and email to the Deshpande foundation.
Step-3: after selecting the training center , any required fee-payment will be processed at last the foundation will send you a confirmation mail about the confirmation.
The Deshpande Foundation
92 Montvale Ave, Suite 2500
Stoneham, MA 02180
Created by:HEMA MALINI CHARVAKULA, DINESH LAKKAKULA, NISHITHA ALURI