Macy has served in UIF since the fall of 2016. Macy’s UIF journey began in Kansas City, MO at William Jewell College where she studied Physics and Mathematics. Now, Macy is a Ph.D. student at the University of Arkansas studying Industrial Engineering. Although she has moved away from her undergrad institution, she still engages in the UIF community as a collaborator and mentor. One of the best parts of being a Fellow is the that engagement in the community never ends “once a Fellow always a Fellow.” Some of the areas Macy is most passionate about are: inter-deparmental collaborations, celebrating students, and creating communities that are a catalyst for innovation.
Macy worked on multiple projects during her time in UIF:
- Hosting a regional meetup
- Creating a student celebration campaign, #thismatters
- Hosting #UIFresh workshops : Innovation workshops for first-year students during orientation week.
- Working with admissions to host workshops for visiting students and their familiies.
- Hosting an annual student summit to catalyze solutions to campus problems
- Being a Fab : Helping host an Annual Spring Meet-up.
- Speaking at the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Representing UIF at annual Jewell Summits
- Creating and maintaining an advisory panel
- Organizing multiple trips to regional meet-ups
- Hosting a one day ideation competition #OneDayKC
- Presenting at William Jewell's annual colloquium
- Recruiting and Organizing two new cohorts
Hear Macy Talk:
At the 2016 Global Entreprenuership Summit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQn54c99ZU
At the 2017 Silicon Valley Meetup at Google : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGwSAPxrEk