New Mexico State University, UIF Fellowship
Brendan P. Sullivan is a Graduate Student in Industrial Engineering at New Mexico State University. Brendan holds a masters degree in Political Science with a minor in Security and Intelligence Studies. Previous to studying at NMSU Brendan studied EE, system informatics and European Union Environmental Law in Turku, Finalnd and Salzburg, Austria.
He currently serves as Project Lead for New Mexico State University's PACE Engineering Team, which is part of a multi-national engineering competition with General Motors to develop a Portable Assisted Mobility Device for Urban Commuters.
Brendan is co-founder of Arrowhead Engineering Technologies, a startup water desalinization firm in Las Cruces working to bring afordable water to rural underserved communitites.
Along with this experience, Brendan worked 3 years at New Mexico States Physical Science Laboratory as a Graduate Research Assistant under ISSS. As well as on research under the direction of Dr. Delia Valles for USDA. Currently Brendan works with researchers and community members to advance technology commercialization on the NMSU campus. Serving as liaison between the universitys commercialization arm and the research community, enabling resources to be more available to students and the local community. In addition, Brendan has worked over the past year to faciliate student startups through NMSU's Studio-G business incubator. The incubator was created in 2011 to develop energized, connected, and creative student startup companies.
Brendan is a member of IIE, and IEEE, currently serving as NMSU IIE Chapter Vice President.
· August, 2014 Guest Speaker New Mexico High Tech Consortium
· 2014 PACE Turin, Outstanding Presentation Ergonomics (Brendan P. Sullivan and Mauricio Garcia)
· 2014 3rd Place PACE Turin, Manufacturing and Industrial Design
· 2014 New Mexico State University Research Grant
· 2014 Guest Speaker New Mexico Programmers Group
· 2014 Distinguished Delegation National Model United Nations;
· 2014 National Model United Nations Outstanding Delegate and Outstanding Position Paper
· 2013 Los Alamos National Laboratory Patent Transfer, DOE SBIR
· Howard Hughes Medical Research Grant
· 2013 Paseo Del Norte Startup, invited startup
· NX 8.5 and 9.0
· Technomatix Plant Simulation
· Siemens Jack Ergonomics Software
· Arena Process Modeling Simulation
· Minitab 16