Aaron Goddard is currently a Biomedical Engineering graduate student at the University of Iowa. Prior to returning to school, Aaron spent 10 years working as a Mechanical Engineer. Positions varied and included individual roles as well as team member and leadership positions. Aaron has accumulated a number of engineering, business, and project management skills.
Aaron is a very curious person who is always interested in understanding how and why things work the way they do. He continually looks for new challenges. Aaron has the desire to learn as much as he possibly can.
Aaron is always looking for new or better ways to do things. “We've always done it that way” is not an acceptable justification. That being said, he is not looking to reinvent the wheel unless there arises a need to do so. Sometimes the current solution to a problem is the best solution.
Passion and excitement encompass most of what he undertakes. This includes not only work and school, but also rock climbing, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc.
1. University of Iowa Wiki: http://universityinnovation.org/wiki/University_of_Iowa
2. Strategic Priorities: http://universityinnovation.org/wiki/University_of_Iowa_Student_Priorities
3. Project Pitch: http://youtu.be/-aD5Arcpk9w
4. Op Ed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pyddCpNQh9eFRXTlpCeTZFZ1k/view?usp=sharing
5. JPEC: http://www.iowajpec.org/