From University Innovation
Welcome to University Innovation
For Immediate Release: 58 U.S. Students Named University Innovation Fellows by NSF-Funded Epicenter
October 2, 2014 - Fifty-eight students from 26 higher education institutions across the United States have been named University Innovation Fellows by the National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation (Epicenter). This new cohort of Fellows brings the total number to 168 Fellows from 85 schools. Read the press release here.
Following are campus profiles for those participating in the Fall 2014 cohort, along with profiles of over 50 resources available to campus ecosystems.
- Universities — Grassroots view of Innovation and Entrepreneurship scene!
- 'How To' Strategies — Student-led strategies to enhance Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem on campus.
- Resources — Organizations supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Student Changemakers - Student leaders working at the grassroots to create a vibrant Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Student Priorities -- Student leaders recommended strategy and plan for their campuses.
How To Strategies
Browse our 'How to' guides with student-generated strategies for enhancing the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem on your campus:
- How to inspire innovation using a TEDx event
- How to start a bioengineering club
- How to bring together Artists with Engineers and their STEM peers
- How to build and outfit an on-campus innovation space
- How to advocate for expanded access to engineering labs as on-campus 'maker space'
- How to advocate for change to the student intellectual property policy
- How to run an eight week Ultimate Trader Challenge (~Red Paper Clip Challenge)
Have an idea for a 'How to' guide? Use the existing guides as a template and create your own. For access to all wiki editing tools, simply create a user account following the links on the left.
There are many organizations that provide valuable services to students advancing the University Innovation Ecosystem. The following organizations are honored to play a role in providing this wiki platform for that purpose:
- University Innovation Fellows Program
- National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance (NCIIA)
- National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation (Epicenter)
For more about us, visit the Project About page here: . Click here to see all Resources profiled in the wiki. Know of a resource that should be included on this wiki? Use the existing resources as a template and add a new one.