From University Innovation
Welcome to the UniversityInnovation.org Wiki
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - February 22, 2016 – 155 students from 46 higher education institutions have been named University Innovation Fellows by the National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation (Epicenter). The University Innovation Fellows program empowers students to become agents of change at their schools. Fellows work to ensure that their peers gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to compete in the economy of the future and make a positive impact on the world. To accomplish this, the Fellows advocate for lasting institutional change and create opportunities for students to engage with innovation, entrepreneurship, design thinking and creativity at their schools. Fellows design innovation spaces, start entrepreneurship organizations, host experiential learning events and work with faculty to develop new courses. Fellows who joined the program in the 2014-15 academic year held 112 events and established 35 spaces at their schools. --> Read the entire press release here.
As part of their training, Fellows analyze their campus-area innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystems, learn from other campuses and put together action plans to address the gaps they perceive.
Create an account on the left and begin contributing to this growing and valuable resource by sharing what's going on at your campus! (3,549 pages)
- Universities — Grassroots view of Innovation and Entrepreneurship scene!
- 'How To' Strategies — Student-led strategies to enhance Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem on campus.
- Resources — Organizations supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Student Contributors -- Student leaders working at the grassroots to create a vibrant Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Student Priorities -- Student leaders recommended strategy and plan for their campuses.
How To Strategies
Browse our 'How to' guides with student-generated strategies for enhancing the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem on your campus:
- How to inspire innovation using a TEDx event
- How to start a bioengineering club
- How to bring together Artists with Engineers and their STEM peers
- How to build and outfit an on-campus innovation space
- How to advocate for expanded access to engineering labs as on-campus 'maker space'
- How to advocate for change to the student intellectual property policy
- How to run an eight week Ultimate Trader Challenge (~Red Paper Clip Challenge)
Have an idea for a 'How to' guide? Use the existing guides as a template and create your own. For access to all wiki editing tools, simply create a user account following the links on the left.
There are many organizations that provide valuable services to students advancing the University Innovation Ecosystem. The following organizations are honored to play a role in providing this wiki platform for that purpose:
For more about us, visit the Project About page here: . Click here to see all Resources profiled in the wiki. Know of a resource that should be included on this wiki? Use the existing resources as a template and add a new one.